Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Worst Beat Ever

Just felt I needed to blog this. This was easily the worst beat I've ever taken.

Middle rounds of a SNG... I find AA and give it a 3x BB raise, with two callers. The flop hits me in the face: 55A. With a monster full house, and two diamonds on the board... I'm thinking I can probably double through someone on this hand. It's checked to me, and I check... and the guy behind me checks. Not a problem really.

The turn card is the king of diamonds, putting 3 diamonds on the board, a pair of fives, and AK. This hand surely has to have hit someone at least a little. It's checked to me again, and I bet about half the pot, and get one caller. Perfect. I'll get the rest of his chips on the river.

The river card is another King! Great! I now hold Aces full of Kings, and put my lone opponent all in. He calls and wins holding:

KK.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you told me about this at a game at Johnny's. Bad beat, hell yeah, but if you're going to lose a lot of chips, it might as well be to huge underdog play that looks like it would have been a scene in Rounders, or on Tilt. I'd rather go out on a beat like that then by something foolish like getting forced all in by a bigger stack, meaning I'd need a prayer to be answered. Just my thoughts...

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Totally... beats like this you tend to not feel bad about... and they make good stories.

It's those beats like when you flop a set and some fool goes all in with a four-flush, you call (as you should, being a 2 to 1 favorite), and he spikes his flush on the river. Those suck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home