Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Maybe January Is The Month

After the $25NL success I reported on earlier today, and feeling good about the state of my bankroll for a change, I decided to tally everything up. I went back through my records of online deposits, and counted all the cash and coin in my man purse bank bag I use for poker. I hadn't counted it in months, though I know it has grown. Then I got a multi-table itch, and took 1st in a 2-table $10+1 for a very welcome $80.

Now as previously reported, I was close to breaking even last year before I went on a terrible run, and ever since I've been somewhat lacking in motivation to perform well: it's difficult to do so when the hole you're in is so deep. I've been learning... I've had a great time... I'm 3x the all-around poker player I was before last year... and it's not like I've been losing the mortgage payment. But still when you're hundreds down, then work hard to climb back to almost even, and then make poor choices which put you even further in the hole... there's not much immediate hope to play for. I know I can win long term. I'll eventually prove that.

But it turns out, after adding it all up (and a very positive last week), I'm only $184 down total since I made my first online buy-in last February. The goal for 2005 was simply to finish in all-time positive territory, and with less than $200 to go and 11 months to earn it in, this one's a slam dunk. SNGs are still my bread and butter game and I'll be sticking with the $10 ones until I'm well into the positive territory later this year, but with recent success, I'm going to keep carefully dabbling in $25NL a little here and there... there's some easy money out there.

And so, energized, having added it all up, I've started posting stats again over in the sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home