Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Party Changes $25NL Blinds?

So I'm doing my level best to avoid the NL cash games on Party for a bit... but I've also got a 20% reload bonus to work off. Bonus whoring has definitley been an under-used tool for me. I've worked off a few initial deposit bonuses, and made sure to get accounts on both Party and Empire so I can flop money back and forth when they decide to offer reload bonuses, but I've really not done much of this.

So to my point, 25NL is a decent place for me to clear my raked hands. It's perhaps the only place, considering my aversion to the low limit tables at this time. Today, it seems Party decided to change the blinds from .25/.50 to .10/.25, which seems to definitely change the texture of the game a bit.

For starters, less pots are raked, although this isn't terribly significant. It's also a lot cheaper to clear a bonus... assuming you're not getting premium hands that you want to play, you're looking at a 35 cent investment per orbit, as opposed to the previous 75. You can see twice as many raked pots (in theory) for the same assumed loss per orbit. Of course, you'll win a hand now and again too.

I'm still on the fence about this change... it's nice to be able to see flops for as little as 25 cents... but often that means that opponents will be seeing a lot more flops as well. I think this demands a little more care, for instance when you're in the BB with something half-decent (but not raise-worthy) and you catch a small piece of the flop: god only knows what your opponents might be holding.

Anyone know why they decided to drop the stakes?

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger April said...

Go check Online Poker Thoughts - they're hashing it out in the comments now!

http://sirfwalgman.blogspot.com/2005/03/well-day-one-goodie.html

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Human Head said...

Thanks to Iggy's plug, I just found your blog. Geez, it's got a lot of poker goodness! So many blogs, so little time :)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Woohoo! Big time now baby.

Now if I could only show a profit! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home