Thursday, February 03, 2005

January Wrap-Up

January was an interesting month for me... perhaps the most interesting since I started playing online regularly back in July or so of last year. I started the month hoping to nail the $10 sit and gos and make smart decisions with my bankroll. However, I got caught up in $25NL and even some limit (UGH.) games and managed to piss away any good that I had been doing at the SNGs. Then, in a move of stupidity or genius (I'm voting for stupidity), I managed to enter and win a $50+5 SNG, bringing my account back into sorta-okay-healthy status.

Then $25NL 6 Max started calling my name, then it started screaming it, and then I managed to hit the mark I've been striving for since I started playing online: showing a profit, meager as it was. Yes, was. $25NL is a harsh mistress, and lately it's been unkind out there. I still see a major potential for profit playing NL cash games, and indeed, I've certainly shown significant overall gains since I started.

In the end though, I'm happy to report some welcome SNG numbers for January:

ITM: 35.42%
ROI: 37.22%

Now these numbers are obviously skewed by that $50+5 win, so here they are without that, just for reference:

ITM: 34.04%
ROI: 4.17%

Not so great, but a positive ROI is a positive ROI.

Now overall, after touching the profit stage for all of about a day, I'm back down to -$146.25 from what I had originally said was my 2005 goal (showing an all-time profit). I'm suprisingly cool with this, actually. I'll get there.

2 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is absolutely no question about the fact that PartyPoker is rigged. None whatsoever. Every successful pro I know agrees with me. I have been bearing the brunt of their stealing mode all night, culminating in a 3-way pot where I flopped a full house and got it all in on the turn against one guy who was drawing stone cold dead and one guy who had 2 outs. Naturally they brought the rigged river card in order to steal my huge pot. This is only one of many many hands, in fact I have played over one million hands online and have been earning my living playing online for over 5 years. No way is online randomly dealt. They cheat, plain and simple.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Chris said...

There is absolutely no question about the fact that PartyPoker is rigged. None whatsoever.

Then proving it should be pretty easy.

Every successful pro I know agrees with me.

Clearly, you must know a lot of "successful pros" so this is a really really strong argument.

I have been bearing the brunt of their stealing mode all night, culminating in a 3-way pot where I flopped a full house and got it all in on the turn against one guy who was drawing stone cold dead and one guy who had 2 outs. Naturally they brought the rigged river card in order to steal my huge pot.

And that kind of thing just never happens with real cards and chips, now does it? Never, I tell ya!

This is only one of many many hands, in fact I have played over one million hands online and have been earning my living playing online for over 5 years.

So it's rigged, yet you still play? ...And claim to have been earning a living for over 5 years playing online? You must just be really lucky.

No way is online randomly dealt. They cheat, plain and simple.

Yet you have no proof, and all logic would suggest that there is more to be gained from providing a fair game than providing a "rigged" one. Partypoker execs:

"Let's see, we paid a software developer, so that's paid for... all we have to do is run our servers and do some support and we make millions a year $1 at a time? Sweet, let's fuck up our reputation and rig the game so we can make 1.5 times as much!!"

Umm, no. Show me some empirical proof and I'll listen, otherwise, no.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home