Thursday, March 24, 2005

A General Update

I haven't posted much this month, and mostly that is due to my working hard to really hammer the SNGs and spend my time there, and the other half of that coin is that after hundreds of tourneys, not much that can happen seems new or post-worthy. As well, I'm saving my SNG insights and thoughts for my end-of-the-month stats post. Overall though, it's been a good month on that front: I think I'm falling into a tight/aggressive groove.

I've been avoiding the NL cash games in an effort to stabilize my bankroll, and this seems like a good idea at this time. I played a few quick sessions here and there... sometimes after a non-ITM finish in a SNG I'll decide to go sit at a $25NL table and make a quick score of $11 to make up for the SNG loss. You'd think this would be a bad idea, or some tilt-fueled, results-oriented, -EV proposition, but it works for me more often than not. Mentally, there's no pressure... I just sit and play conservative, and usually within a few orbits I either leave because I'm up the $11, or I leave because I just haven't got any cards and am becoming bored.

In other news, I ordered my first set of Copags after reading and hearing about them for a while now. The consensus seems to be that they're on par with or even better than Kems, and the Copags are selling on eBay for about $15 for 2 decks. We'll see when they get here.

I'm also still hashing out the details and getting ready to start seriously making poker tables. I've got a few interested buyers, a bunch of fabric, vinyl, and foam samples, and a basement full of tools. I don't want to get too excited about any of this, but if it all goes well, I should at least be able to pad my bankroll with a little profit from the venture, which was 75% of the point in the first place.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger April said...

Let me know what you think about the Copags. After a week of playing with Kems, my cheap ole' Bikes just are cutting it anymore!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Chris said...

As expected the Copags are just as nice a the last Kems I had my hands on... though the real test I suppose is how they are after seeing a bunch of play. I'd recommend them to anyone, especially considering the price.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home