Saturday, December 03, 2005

Recently Heard

I really need to learn how to start writing about poker again. Down here in grindsville, there just doesn't seem to be much to say.

Live play has been good lately, and I finally am starting to feel like I'm coming out of my tournament funk of the last few months. I'd definitely say that there's a strong relationship between the amount of daily cash game play, and my lack of tournament success. On the whole, I think I differentiate between the two well enough, but it's only those few hands that you misplay that will kill your tournament results... you've got to be in tournament mode on every hand. I also think that all the live play lately has really started to sink in... I'm making a lot of good reads, and finding it easier to be able to socialize and have a good time, while secretly still paying more attention than it might appear.

A couple recently overheard gems:

* With quads on the board, kickers don't matter, it's a split pot!

* I'd rather have unsuited cards, that way I have a chance at two flushes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home