Sunday, October 23, 2005

OPBC: 77th

I won't bore anyone with any drawn-out details, but I had a great time finishing 77 out of 1473 in the Inaugural OPBC. Really, how can you complain about a freeroll with great prizes? PokerStars++ on this one.

Tournament play has been way brutal for me lately, so it was nice to play for 3.5 hours without giving or receiving any bad beats: just solid play; the best hand wins. I had a few lucky/notable moments along the way, like flopping a straight for free in the BB against someone slowplaying aces, making a set, and even stole some blinds with the hammer when I needed it most. Tournament poker can be one ugly bitch... and that's one of those lessons that sinks in deeper every time you're taught it. So for me, doing well for a change is a giant confidence boost, and that can't be a bad thing.

This was probably my best large tournament result yet, with the only other high finish being 28/250.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Matt said...

From what I saw you played very well. Beating out almost 1400 people is a nice accomplishment. I'll take a free hat and shirt any day of the week.

Nice talking to you during the game.

mattmrob99

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Chris said...

You too matt, good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home