Sunday, June 18, 2006

WBCOOP

^what an acronym. "World Blogger Championship of Online Poker" as hosted by PokerStars.

One of these days I'm going to crush one of these freerolls.

The result: 90th of 2247. 54 received prizes. 3.5 hours of play that I can be happy with I suppose... gave no bad beats, and for the last hour or two played great short stack poker... just on this side of tight, but plenty pushy in the right spots. Lost with 33 in the SB, two limps to me, and I pushed. Got one caller with QJs, who flopped a Q on the all club flop... I had the only club for the flush draw, but couldn't draw out.

Also got plopped down two seats to the right of Stan of local PA poker fame for a bit. I even got to steal his BB from the button (w Q5o) when it was folded around to me, and witnessed his Aces getting cracked by a three-club flop and a flush draw that hit and helped propel some tard to an ipod nano. Ugly.

I really should make it a point to hit a few of these big multi's every month for a chance at a nice score... I always seem to finish what would be usually in the money... something like top 8-10% of the field.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger NFP said...

Nice Steal with Q5, you donkey! I thought about coming over the top of you, but I wussed out. I'm impressed you got so far with a short stack. Nice work!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a crap!
i just read about the wbcoop on your blog. if i knew about it earlier i of would have joined it of course. so what..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home