Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Two things are not at all certain:
  • The eventual scope and audience of this weblog.
  • How long it will last.
With those things said, it should be obvious that I'm going to be dealing with all things poker, especially Texas Hold 'Em. That includes ring games, tournaments, no-limit, low-limit, some personal hand histories and stories, and a big stack of strategy and publicly dissecting my own play.

It's always beneficial to talk about and discuss new things that you're learning... so by all means, if you stumble onto this site and have something meaningful to add, go for it. Maybe we'll both learn something. I may also use this as an online diary/logbook, with some details of each session that I play online (so far, I've been playing exclusively at partypoker.com with some measure of encouraging success).

The name "Wired Aces" was fairly uncreative considering the range of interesting terms in the poker lexicon, but it also carries that feeling of folding pre-flop for hours on end, and then carefully peeking at your cards to find that elusive AA, only to be rivered for a pot worth 25 big blinds by some fish with a 82o. The saying goes: any two cards can win.

I'll be outlining my history of poker playing, for the sake of bringing things up to speed, in the next post.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home